The 4 P’s

You may or may not have noticed but I’ve been missing in action for a few weeks. The reason? I’ve been busy putting the final touches to ‘Asylum,’ the third book in the Detective Jill Brennan Series.

After more than 14 months in the writing and three months working with my editor, PD Martin, ‘Asylum’ is done and dusted and ready to take on the world. Grrr. If you think writing a book is difficult, it’s nothing compared to marketing it.

Let me tell you up front and I’m no marketing guru and I don’t consider myself an expert in self-promotion, but there is one thing I have learned since taking up this writing business, it is just that…a business. I know the time has come for me to put my big girl pants on and step out of my comfort zone and tell every single person I meet for the next few months…’I HAVE WRITTEN THIS FANTASTIC BOOK. IT’S GOING TO BE A BESTSELLER!!’

You may be wondering about these 4 P’s. I’m sure I learnt about this business marketing strategy when I was studying economics but I never thought I would have to use it. And until now, I haven’t. The 4 P’s to marketing – here they are…

1. Products – Your product should meet the market’s expectations, packaging, design, quality.
  2. Place – distribution – the use of internet to sell your product.
  3. Price – consider price setting and discounting.
  4. Promotion- communicating the benefits and value of your product to consumers.

I’ve put all these strategies in place so wish me luck. Hey, did I tell you ‘I’ve written this fantastic book and…

AVAILABLE NOW

This entry was posted in Posts. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to The 4 P’s

1. mysm2000 says:

Wow, Gina! That’s one impressive video. Can’t wait to get the book tomorrow. All the best on the launch!

Liked by 1 person

• gina amos says:

WOW that was a quick response. Maybe there is something in this marketing business after all. Thanks so much!!

• mysm2000 says:

Tuesdays I’m online most of the day. Teaser Tuesdays — lots of items to view, comment on, and respond to. Really loved the video though.

2. Sue Coletta says:

Wonderful news, Gina! Man, I can sure relate to your comment about marketing. Writing the book seems like the easy part. Don’t forget your 5 W’s. Why the reader should buy it. When the sale takes place, or the local of your story. Where they can download a copy. What: the product. And who. Good luck with the launch!

Liked by 1 person

3. gina amos says:

Sue, I had to laugh. So… we’ve got the 5W’s and the 4P’s. This sounds to me more like a couple of pop groups than marketing tips! I’m enjoying your book, MARRED by the way. Hope your sales are skyrocketing up the charts!

Liked by 1 person

4. Robyn Haynes says:

Best wishes for your launch Gina – go get ’em girl!

Liked by 1 person

5. Robyn Haynes says:

Forgot to say I couldn’t access your video. There appears to be just a blank/black screen.

6. Pingback: The 4 P’s | Ms M's Bookshelf

7. Gail Rehbein says:

Love the book trailer Gina! It’s fantastic! Great marketing!
    And congratulations! on publishing your third book.
    Very impressive all round 🙂

Liked by 1 person

8. Jed Jurchenko says:

Congrats on the book, that’s awesome! I second what Gail said, “fantastic trailer!”

Liked by 1 person

9. gina amos says:

Thanks, Jed. I had fun making the trailer. It’s amazing the number of new skills I’ve learned since becoming an Indie author.

Comments are closed.