Chapel Yard is one of three ancient burial grounds in Inverness and probably dates back as far as 1233.
The ground once belonged to a monastery that was either Franciscan or Dominican. The people of the burgh would hold their assemblies here.
Some of the graves date back as far as the early 17th century, decipherable are a few 18th century headstones, elaborate and plain side by side, both commemorating lost loved ones, in grandeur as well as in sobriety.
And in the middle of death, there are blossoms, signs of live everywhere on…
View original post 60 more words